Jordan Trekking Trip – Wadi Rum and Petra – 8 days
Join our Jordan trekking trip and discover the forgotten city of Petra, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World.
After a moderate trek around the ancient city and a stay in a luxury hotel, you will head to the spectacular desert of Wadi Rum for four days of trekking, climbing and scrambling in the footsteps of Lawrence of Arabia. Camping under the desert sky in the company of your Bedouin guide is a once in a lifetime experience that you will never forget.
For your final day, relax on the coast of Aqaba or the Dead Sea, before returning to the capital, Amman. Click ‘reserve’ below to see available dates. If your preferred dates are not available, please contact us to enquire about alternative dates.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypePeak Challenge
- Activity Level Challenging
- Group Size Medium Group
After the climb and scramble day in Wadi Rum ascending our first Jebel we begin the main challenge of trekking to Jebel Um Adaami close to the Saudi Arabia border, walking for 4-5 hours through the desert with Bedouin for 3 days including a jeep transfer.
We move on soft sand as well as scrambling on the rock Jebels where we will usually be following routes which have been used for generations by Bedouin hunters and shepherds. The Bedouin guide will carry a climbing rope, which may be used on exposed sections to reassure group members who are not confident scramblers. We will be visiting in Jordan winter time so it will not be extremely hot during the day however, we will encounter day-time temperatures as high as 30 degrees centigrade so sun protection and adequate hydration are important considerations.
HIGHLIGHTS / FACT
- At night we stay with the Bedouin in their traditional desert camps
- First and last nights will be spent in comfortable hotels, the final hotel being in a luxury spa resort with en-suite facilities, WIFi and pool.
- 1 night camping (with toilet tent, fully serviced camp)
- 3 nights wild camping in the desert in 2 man tents and the group will all participate in camp chores. Facilities are basic or non existent.
- Personal insurance
- Activities and food outside the stated itinerary
- Alcoholic beverages
- Day1 Travel to Amman
Arrivals, you meet us at Amman airport and we provide a single timed group transfer for 2.5 hrs to the red rose city of Petra, one of the New Seven Wonders of the world, and since 1985 a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Relax in the Movenpick Spa Resort Petra or other 4 or 5* hotel
- Day 2 Trek Petra – Little Petra
Enter the Petra site through the chasm of the Siq, which brings us to the Treasury. Following a track past the Roman Theatre area and Pharaoh’s Column, we descend into Wadi Ras Suleiman and on towards the Snake Monument. Challenge, follow clues to reach your next destination and ultimately our night camp at Little Petra. (13km) Overnight Bedouin camp Meals B,L,D
- Day 3 Wadi Rum scramble and climb challenge
Pick up and transfer to Wadi Rum village. Arrive to relax by the pool at Bait Ali camp. Wadi rum is not only famous for trekking but also climbing. After lunch try a climbing or abseil challenge and visit Rakebat Canyon through the massif of Jebel Um Ishrin. Camel ride optional. Bait Ali Lodge with pool. Meals B,L,D
- Day 4 Trek Jebel Burdah - Um Sabath valley
After breakfast we start the trek challenge and walk through beautiful narrow canyons on the way to Jebel Burdah. After lunch you will continue to the natural rock bridge of Um Fruth and you will have the chance to climb it up. Then you will walk back to the camp. Dinner and night in our Bedouin camp. Meals B,L,D
- Day 5 Traverse Jebel Khasch (1700m) and descend a rocky wadi to a picturesque desert camp
This is a long ridge stretching from east to west across the desert. The views to the north over Wadi Rum and to the south towards Saudi Arabia are magnificent. Overnight Bedouin camp. Meals B,L,D
- Day 6 Trek to summit of Jebel Um Adaami (1832m) and enjoy desert views across to Saudi Arabia
This is quite a difficult drive for our 4-wheel-drive transport, but an enjoyable one for the passengers. We are heading to Jebel Um Adaami, the highest mountain in Jordan on the Saudi Arabian border. We walk for around 3 hours to ascend Jebel Um Adaami and drive back to our camping place before setting off on an afternoon explore. Meals B,L,D
- Day 7 Wadi Rum AM then travel to Dead Sea or Aqaba
Return to Wadi Rum visitor centre by vehicle and transfer to Dead Sea 2hrs 40minutes. Relax on its shores and enjoy the sea and the spa after completing the desert challenge. R&R day. 3* hotels. Aqaba is Meals B
- Day 8 Morning departures Sowayma (Dead Sea) or Aqaba to Amman in single timed group transfer
After a relaxed start take the hour’s transfer by minibus back to Amman for afternoon/evening flight Meals B,L